A reference group of the Council, the Forum for Intercultural Leadership and Learning (FILL) is an ecumenical Christian partnership through which Canadian Churches work toward intercultural leadership development and ministry learning in Canada and globally.
Through FILL, Canadian churches:
- Come together for biblical and theological reflection on issues of contemporary intercultural mission and ministry;
- Provide innovative educational resources and programs for intercultural learning, leadership development and ministry in Canada and globally, with special emphasis on cultural awareness and identity;
- Participate in learning and dialogue with church members and wider communities of faith about a society that fully honours diversity and God’s unequivocal welcome; and
- Network and support persons directly engaged in ministry across cultural and other differences.
We house the Canadian Ecumenical Anti-Racism Network (CEARN)!
Current Members of FILL (2021-24)
- Niki Andre, Member at Large
- Reuben Garang, Anglican Church of Canada
- Dianne Hope, United Church of Canada
- Binu Korah, Mar Thoma Church
- Harry Lafond, Member at large
- Mary Anne John, Mar Thoma Church
- Néstor Medina, Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada
- Bill Millar, Member at large, coordinating group
- Lloyd Nyarota, Member at Large
- Carmen Ramirez, Member at large
- Maureen Scott Kabwe, Member at large
- Kathy Toivanen, Member at large
- David Tin, Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada
- Kim Uyede-kai, CEARN representative
- Emo Yango, United Church of Canada
Members from The Canadian Council of Churches
- Chung Yan 林頌恩 (JoAnne) Lam, Council Vice president
- Maria Roman, Council Youth Governing Board member
- Deivit Montealegre, Council staff
- Nadia VanderKuip, Council staff
- Jonathan Schmidt, Council staff
- Peter Noteboom, Council General Secretary (ex officio)
- David Allen, CCC Faith & Witness liaison
- Greg Sinclair, CCC Canadian Interfaith Reference Group liaison
Last updated: January 2022.